Year End – Changing Accounting Periods

Question: How do I change the G/L accounting period open/closed flags if I have already cloned them from a previous year?
To access and change the Valid for General Ledger fields in the Accounting file, and if you have cloned the accounting period and therefore copied the Closed period fields; Use #14-Update Accounting Period Flags on the G/L  Supervisor menu.  Enter the Corp# and year that need to be changed and press ENTER.  In the column 'Valid for G/L' key a 'Y' to allow entries to be posted into the period or an 'N' to prevent entries from being posted.  For more information about accounting periods, cloning and re-setting values go to the General Ledger Manual page 25 & 126. Question: How do I open a New Year for Accounts Payable and General Ledger? Resolution: Create the accounting period for each Corp/Fund for the new year. (this example is from 2011 to New Year 2012) You can easily clone from one year to the next using Option 18 -Clone Accounting Periods, from the General Ledger File Maintenance menu. You will need to key in the Corp/Fund and the "from" year 2011, then the same Corp/Fund and the 'To" year 2012, at the copy period closed area, key in a "N" and the following fields will appear. From Corp# : 2 To Corp# : 2 From Year : 2011 To Year : 2012 Copy Period Closed Data . . . .: N (Y,N) Set 12 months to Yes or No Valid For GL . . . . . : Y A/P Closed . . . . . . : N A/R Closed . . . . . . : N Set the Valid for GL, AP Closed, and AR Closed as shown above. You will need to do this for all Corp